August 29, 2022
ORDER Revising the List of Judokas Qualified for 36th National Games, Gujrat - 2022
1. Whereas pursuant to the SOP for 36th National Games, Gujrat – 2022 as also communications between the Competition Manager and Organisers for the said Games, the JFI issued a circular dated 22.082022 for the selection of athletes in individual category and for the mixed team events after conducting National Senior Championships at Lucknow from 16th to 20th August, 2022.
2. Whereas after the completion of National Senior Championships, the JFI prepared a list of Top 16 qualified athletes in each weight category for individual games which did not include members of paramilitary forces and Top 8 teams for mixed team events on the basis of overall medal tally.
3. Whereas the undersigned received number of complaints through mails by members of paramilitary forces as also a writ was filed before the Hon’ble Delhi High Court [WP (C) 12307/2022] by one such member, claiming that though they are under the list of Top 16 athletes of their weight category of National Senior Championships, lucknow-2022 yet their names do not find mention in the list prepared by the JFI. They further claimed that their names have not been included in the list prepared by the JFI only on the ground that they happen to be members of paramilitary forces and are not entitled to be included in the individual category and their entry can be sent only for mixed team events provided their teams have qualified in Top 8 for mixed team events.
4. Whereas in view of above the undersigned sought clarification from the Advisory Committee and directed the Competition Manager to seek clarification from Indian Olympic Association regarding entry of members of paramilitary forces in Top 16 athletes in individual category. In response, the IOA sent a clarification that (i) for individual and doubles/pairs events, the qualification should be attained by the athlete (s), not the State/UT/SSCB, (ii) for team events, the NSFs may provide information to the IOA GTCC on the qualified State/UT/ SSCB by title of the unit.
5. The undersigned, in view of above clarification, deemed it just and appropriate to revise the list of Top 16 athletes in each weight category for individual games by including the members of paramilitary forces who are under Top 16 of their weight category. Consequently, the athletes who are at the bottom of the list be removed from the list.
6. The athletes those who are selected under Top 16 from the paramilitary forces need to send their entry through their respective States/UTs only.
7. Regarding the mixed team events, the States/UT and SSCB are only allowed to participate in the National Games, therefore the Top 8 teams declared on the basis of overall medal tally also be revised by omitting the paramilitary forces.
8. Accordingly the revised list of athletes for the Individual events (including host state Gujarat) and the qualified teams (including host state Gujarat) is attached for necessary action at the earliest.
Justice Pankaj Naqvi (Retd.)
1] JFI Order dated 29th August 2022
2] Revised List of Qualified Judo players - Men
3] Revised List of Qualified Judo player - Women
4] Revised List of Qualified Teams for Mixed Team Events
Copyrights © 2022 JFI. All Rights Reserved.