October 14, 2014 JFI/13/2014/192
All the affiliated State Judo Associations
Sub. : Open Selection Trials for selecting Indian Judo teams for the 8th Asian Cadet & 15th Asian Junior Judo Championships–2014 & Campers for the forthcoming Junior National Coaching Camps.
Judo Federation of India is holding an Open Selection Trials for Junior & Cadet Boys and Girls on 1st November (Saturday) and 2nd November (Sunday) 2014 at Sports Authority of India, Central Regional Centre, Gramgora, Bishenkhdi, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh; to select the Indian Judo Teams for the 8th Asian Cadet and 15th Asian Junior Judo Championships -2014 and Campers for the forthcoming Junior National Coaching Camps.
The 8th Cadet and 15th Asian Junior Judo Championships -2014 will be held from 8th to 15th December 2014 in Hong Kong. The following important points may please be noted for the trials:
1. The Selection trials for JUNIORS (Boys & Girls) will be held on 1st November 2014 and will start from 10.00 a.m. onwards at Judo Hall, SAI, Bhopal.
2. The Selection trials for CADETS (Boys & Girls) will be held on 2nd November 2014 and will start from 10. 00 am at Judo Hall,SAI,Bhopal.
3. The official weigh-in will be held from 7.30 a.m. to 8.30 a.m. on 1st and 2nd November 2014 at Judo Hall, SAI, Bhopal, on respective dates of the trials.
4. Weight Categories and Age Limits are as under:
For JUNIORS: Age Limit : Men and Women must be 15 years old or above and under 21 Years (must be born between 1994 and 1999).
Weight Categories:Men: -55Kg, -60kg, -66Kg, -73Kg, -81kg, -90kg, -100kg & +100kg.
Women: -44Kg, -48Kg, -52Kg, -57Kg, -63Kg, -70Kg, -78Kg & +78Kg.
For CADETS: Age Limit : Boys and Girls must be 15 years old or above and under 18 Years
(must be born between 1997 and 1999).
Weight Categories: Boys : -50Kg, -55Kg, -60Kg, -66Kg, -73Kg, -81Kg, -90Kg & +90Kg.
Girls : -40Kg, -44Kg, -48Kg, -52Kg, -57Kg, -63kg, -70kg & +70kg.
5. All such Players who are below 18 years of age; the secondary entry of the championships must be countersigned by their parents/guardian.
6. Without a valid Passport, players will not be allowed to participate in the trials, and the passport must have the validity till June 2015.
7. A player can participate in One Weight Category only. However, more than one player can participate in each weight category from one State/Unit, as there is no limit for participation of players in each category in the trials.
8. Participation is allowed only through affiliated State Associations.
9. The Players should come prepared to join the Coaching Camp after the trials, if he/she is selected. The coaching camp will start at SAI Aurangabad from 7th November 2014. NO leave will be granted during the coaching camp. In case of not reporting or late reporting in the camp as above, the Judoka will be replaced by the second one without any information/notice.
10. A Fee of Rs.300/-(Rupees THREE Hundred only) per player is payable for participation in the selection trials as Entry Fee.
11. The participants will participate at his/her own risk. Judo Federation of India is not responsible for any kind of injury/accidents during the trials.
12. All the expenses (i.e.Boarding,Loading,Traveling etc.) are to be borne by the Individuals/State Association, to participate in the selection trials.
13. The selection committee will decide to send the weight categories to participate in the 8th Asian Cadet and 15th Asian Junior Judo C’ships-2014; after examine the stuff/performance of Judokas during the said trials.
14. The decision of the selection committee will be treated as final.
15. Anti Dope Test will be carried soon after the trials.
16. The Judo player, those who will select in the Indian Judo teams, it is necessary to obtain IJF Back numbers (for Judo Dress) and also have IJF approved judo dress (1 set of white & 1 set of blue) to particiapte in the Asian Cadet and Asian Junior Judo Championships – 2014.
Please clearly explain the above conditions to your player/s before sending him/her/them to participate in the selection trials.
(Man Mohan Jaiswal)