1] Mr. Harshdeep Singh Brar
2] Mr. Jasleen Singh Saini
3] Mr. Divyanshupuri
1] Mr. Jiwan Kumar Sharma
2] Mr. Ajay Singh Ruhil
3] Ms. Sunith Singh
4] Mr. Sanju Singh Irom
All concerned Authorities &
Sub.: Order of Suspension/ Appointment of Inquiry Officer into alleged misconduct/misdeeds committed on 25.06.2022 at Madrid during the Madrid European Open ( Judo ) and Training at Madrid, Spain.
1. Whereas it was brought to the notice of the undersigned that you (Mr. Harshdeep Singh Brar) along with Mr. Jasleen Singh Saini and Mr. Divyanshupuri, Judokas, left the hotel at Madrid on the night of 25.06.2022 without any permission from the Coach, went to a local pub, consumed alcohol and brought two local girls in the hotel room along with alcohol. Thereafter, both the girls ran out of the hotel and one of them filed a complaint of sexual harassment against you (Mr. Harshdeep Singh Brar) in the Police Station concerned.
2. Whereas a report was called by the undersigned from the coaches on 27.06.2022 as regards the alleged incident. The undersigned was subsequently informed on 29.06.2022 that as prima facie charges could not be established, the local courts released you (Mr. Harshdeep Singh Brar) provisionally.
3. Whereas JFI has adopted a policy of zero tolerance towards misconduct and misdeeds by sportsperson/sports personnel both at domestic and international level.
4. Whereas the alleged misconduct of yours has not only tarnished the image of the game but has also dented the image of the country as sportsperson/sports personnel are expected to be the ambassadors of their country and are thus expected to display good conduct and high degree of discipline.
5. Whereas keeping in view the above facts the JFI decided to direct all of you to return by next flight along with the coach (Mr. Sanju Singh Irom) with a further direction to appear physically before the undesigned at the office of the JFI today i.e. 02.07.2022.
6.Whereas the undersigned after hearing your version and after considering other reports, is of the view that in order to maintain the policy of zero tolerance towards misconduct and misdeeds allegedly committed by sportsperson/sports personnel directly or indirectly, an inquiry is liable to be instituted to ascertain the truthfulness of the allegations and in the event the allegations are proved to be true each one of you may be liable to be inflicted with a punishment of a ban from future participation both in domestic as well as International events for a stated period to a life ban.
7. Whereas it is also brought to the notice of the undersigned that there were four coaches accompanying the Indian Judo team which are as follows:-
i) Mr. Jiwan Kumar Sharma
ii) Mr. Ajay Singh Ruhil
iii) Ms. Sunith Singh
iv) Mr. Sanju Singh Irom
8. Whereas the entire Judo team along with coaches and other staffs were staying in one and the same hotel in Madrid, Spain and on the basis of above allegations the undersigned is of the view that the role of each of the coaches named above is also liable to be inquired into in relation to the alleged misconduct.
9. Whereas the undersigned appoints Mr. Vijay Mohan Murli to conduct an inquiry into the above allegations who after giving all of you a reasonable opportunity of hearing will submit a report within two months before the JFI.
10. Whereas the undersigned is also of the view that in order to maintain the purity and dignity of the game each Judoka involved in the said matter i.e. Mr. Harshdeep Singh Brar, Mr. Jasleen Singh Saini and Mr. Divyanshupuri, Judo players stand suspended with immediate effect from participating in future sporting events both domestic and International until further orders.
Justice Pankaj Naqvi (Retd.)
Copyrights © 2022 JFI. All Rights Reserved.